Saab Frequently Asked Questions
- STEP 1 Work in a well ventilated order due to fuel fumes & wear gloves due to fuel chemicals
- STEP 2 Saab recommends having a fire extinguisher handy as well.
- STEP 3 Remove the Fuel Tank and remove the screw top that holds the fuel pump in. There is a special tool from Saab (8394462). Many will use two screwdrivers to unscrew the top counterclockwise.
- STEP 4 Once the fuel pump top is removed lift up the pump about 2 inches and then turn the pump about 90 degrees clockwise and pull it the rest of the way out.
- STEP 5 Fit a new Oaring and realign the pump with the alignment mark on the pump and the tank. Reinstall Top and torque to app. 55 ft-lb.
- STEP 6 Reinstall Tank.