Grinding while turning left

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheSaabSite Forums & Classifieds Forum Index -> Saab 95 (9-5) 1998-2011 Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
advantage

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:24 am    Post subject: Grinding while turning left Reply with quote

Hello, I have a 01 9-5 aero, and now that it is nice out I'm driving with the windows down, and have notice that when I turn left it makes a grinding noise like my tire is rubbing on something. From as far as I can tell the tire is not rubbing on anything. So today while I was putting some wash fluid in I banged on the tire and heard it rattle, this kind of alarmed me. So here are the symptoms. Only makes a grinding noise when my steering wheel is at/above a certain left turn. DOES NOT make the noise on right hand turns. any ideas please help!
sb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:27 am    Post subject: Re: Grinding while turning left Reply with quote

2 things to ck is to look at the dust shield if it is rubbing take a screw driver and push it back then look at the pads make sure they are not to the wear indictor
advantage

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:19 am    Post subject: Re: Grinding while turning left Reply with quote

the dust shield is the black thing that covers my wheel well right? Also, someone told me it could me a wheel bearing could that be it?
sb

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:19 am    Post subject: Re: Grinding while turning left Reply with quote

black is the cover ya it could be the wheelbearing see if the bearing is loose
advantage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Grinding while turning left Reply with quote

it is for sure the wheel bearing, took it to the dealership to see what was wrong, they want $425 is this something I could do on my own, any instructions on how to do it?
sb

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:51 am    Post subject: Re: Grinding while turning left Reply with quote

DO U HAVE A INDY NEAR U INSTEAD OF THE DEALERSHIP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheSaabSite Forums & Classifieds Forum Index -> Saab 95 (9-5) 1998-2011 Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: