smoke on starting 2002 9-3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheSaabSite Forums & Classifieds Forum Index -> Saab 93 (9-3) 1998-2003 Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gregandren

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:36 am    Post subject: smoke on starting 2002 9-3 Reply with quote

Im in the process of selling my 2002 9-3. I bought it 3 years ago from a dealer with 50K Kms. It now still only has 80k. When I started it the other morning there was a continuous bloom of white smoke and splutters of water that eventually subsided after about 30 seconds. after the car was warm (i drove to the nearby shops and did some errands) I didnt notice the smoke when starting it again. Seemingly as soon as the engine temp drops again the same thing happens.
I had the turbo replaced when I bought it (the smoke that blew then was noticeably different in colour - more blue).
Im at a loss as to what to do because i was only selling the car because i needed some extra cash, not because there was anything wrong with it.
Any light on what this may be (head Gasket?) and possible options taking into account i want to sell it would be greatly appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheSaabSite Forums & Classifieds Forum Index -> Saab 93 (9-3) 1998-2003 Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: