Front end vibration/wobble when turning and accelerating

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheSaabSite Forums & Classifieds Forum Index -> Saab 93 (9-3) 1998-2003 Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaveEdge

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:27 pm    Post subject: Front end vibration/wobble when turning and accelerating Reply with quote

Got a very annoying problem.

My 9-3 front end vibrates/wobbles when turning LEFT and when I'm accelerating past 40mph, when I'm turning right I dont get the wobble

I thought it might have been a CV joint/Tri pod bearing but I've had the whole passenger side driveshaft replaced and its still there.

I have been told that there is "excessive" play when the driveshafts are connected?

So after reading other peoples issues I'm assuming it could be a diff bush or bearing? The gearbox doesnt leak any oil.

Has anybody got any suggestions? I've been told by a few people that it could be a wheel problem, but with it only happening when turning left/going over a certain speed I'm thinking its more of a mechanical problem?

Any help/info appreciated.
mcjs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:06 am    Post subject: Re: Front end vibration/wobble when turning and accelerating Reply with quote

I have the same issue and a repair shop is telling me it is the motor mounts, they want to repace all three motor mounts.
mcjs

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Front end vibration/wobble when turning and accelerating Reply with quote

Dave, any more work to eliminate your wobble. I had the shop replace motor mounts for me and it was better. got worse again and I see that they did a poor job and the rubber shims fell out! I will redo this and see if the wobble stays away.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheSaabSite Forums & Classifieds Forum Index -> Saab 93 (9-3) 1998-2003 Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: