Total Loss of Engine Power

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheSaabSite Forums & Classifieds Forum Index -> Saab 93 (9-3) 1998-2003 Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
patrickhoward

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Total Loss of Engine Power Reply with quote

Help please. I was driving my 9-3 convertable 2.0 petrol at a steady 80 mph when all power disapeared. It was if an invisible switch had been been thrown. There were no unusual engine sounds and the temperature needle was exactly as it should be. The recovery people all said the engine had siezed. However, I can start the car, (need to use jump leads) and runs smoothly with no odd noises. When I attempt to drive anywhere it just stops suddenly and if I leave it awhile it will re-start. My plan is to drain the oil and check for any gunge/bits of metal, etc. After that I'mnot sure. Does anyone have any ideas please?

Many thanks
patrickhoward

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Total Loss of Engine Power Reply with quote

Thanks, is it a difficult task to replace it and are any special tools required?
mrosenfield

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Total Loss of Engine Power Reply with quote

DI cassette is a 5-minute job - it's the red (or black) metal part on top of the engine, with 4 torx bolts holding it in place. But it's a $200 (at least) part, so make sure that's the problem!
Why do you have to use jump leads to start the car now?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheSaabSite Forums & Classifieds Forum Index -> Saab 93 (9-3) 1998-2003 Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: