Ignition switch on constantly after battery removed for week

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheSaabSite Forums & Classifieds Forum Index -> Saab 93 (9-3) 1998-2003 Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jon77

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Ignition switch on constantly after battery removed for week Reply with quote

Hi, I need some help with a problem on 9-3 2001 lpt
Gearbox was getting removed so I removed the battery, now a week later car is all back together but when I reconnect the battery terminals the engine makes noises (fuel priming etc etc) and the dash lights are lit even when ignition key is not fitted. If I insert the key I can turn it and start the engine but unable to turn engine off due to ignition still been active with key removed.

I thought I might have disturbed electrics under the bonnet when removing the gearbox but checked everything and the only electric things I disturbed were the reverse lamp switch, the starter motor was moved but not disconnected, and the two lambda plugs were unplugged.

PS the ignition switch is not at fault, has been tested etc.
Also even with the ignition switch unplugged and removed from the car the dash lights and ignition lights are still powered.

Any thoughts?
Jon77

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Ignition switch on constantly after battery removed for week Reply with quote

Sorted it now!
It dawned on me that the only other electrical thing I've touched was the fit a wiring adaptor kit for fitting an aftermarket radio, has just unplugged the wiring kit and now the ignition works as it should.

I need to investigate but suspect the wiring adaptor I purchased has incorrect wiring etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheSaabSite Forums & Classifieds Forum Index -> Saab 93 (9-3) 1998-2003 Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: