2003 9-3 Radio works intermitently

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheSaabSite Forums & Classifieds Forum Index -> Saab 93 (9-3) 1998-2003 Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kinglimage

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:52 am    Post subject: 2003 9-3 Radio works intermitently Reply with quote

My 2003 9-3 radio works only when it wants to or not at all. I have a broken 02 9-3 seating in the garage with a good radio. How do I swap the radios. Dealer says I need to bring both cars in. Help!
kinglimage

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: 2003 9-3 Radio works intermitently Reply with quote

In that case, what is the best place to get the radio repaired? Or should I get brand name radio in there? I'd really like to keep the wheel's functions.
bisweb

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: 2003 9-3 Radio works intermitently Reply with quote

I have a similar problem. For about a year the radio has worked intermittently; when it doesn't work the turn signal noise doesn't either. Although there have been times it did when the radio did not. Sometimes when the radio is starting to go out it starts hissing and whining extremely loud. I can push the power button off but it still hisses and even continue if I shut off the engine. I was told it was either the radio head unit or amp. I replaced the radio head unit first and it did the same thing. I replaced the AMP1 and again, still no good. The fuses are fine. I have the red light on in the amp & radio so what else could it be? Could there be a short or a problem with the fiber optic even though I have the red light? Is there a way that I can check for a short instead of taking it to a garage or dealer?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheSaabSite Forums & Classifieds Forum Index -> Saab 93 (9-3) 1998-2003 Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: