Saab 9-3 1999 Possible Transmission Problem?!?!?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheSaabSite Forums & Classifieds Forum Index -> Saab 93 (9-3) 1998-2003 Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
asusaab

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:58 am    Post subject: Saab 9-3 1999 Possible Transmission Problem?!?!? Reply with quote

I have a 1999 Saab 9-3S Turbo with 116K. Recently I purchased the vehicle, private seller, and yesterday my vehicle stopped accelerating on the highway. I veered to the shoulder. After restarting the car, it had just enough power to remain in 1st-2nd gear for a few feet. The car looses the ability to accelerate/drive, however, sometimes, once it has been off for a while, can be driven apprx. 30 seconds and then you are back to square one. The engine still revs up, but none of the power is getting to the transmission or the wheels.

The "check engine" and "gearbox" light went on.

I ran an OBD2 and get following codes: P0340, P0722, P0730.

Any thoughts out there?
kthompk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:00 am    Post subject: Re: Saab 9-3 1999 Possible Transmission Problem?!?!? Reply with quote

What you explained is exactly what our 02 saab 93 is doing. was wondering if you ever found out what the problem was?? Or any advice on what the problem could be or anything you have found out would be helpful!! Feel free to email me directly at kthompk924@yahoo.com.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheSaabSite Forums & Classifieds Forum Index -> Saab 93 (9-3) 1998-2003 Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: