Saab 9-2x rough idle, powerloss, CEL about O2 sensors or Cat

Saab 92X Discussions
istarbrighti

Saab 9-2x rough idle, powerloss, CEL about O2 sensors or Cat

Post by istarbrighti » Tue May 18, 2010 6:59 pm

Hi all!!

I just wanted to share my experience with you guys. I have been having a hard time figuring out why my car has been idleing funny. It revs up and then looses power a couple of times while in nuetral. Some tech at a dealer in Cali told me to change the spark plugs and said that they would not look at it while it was under warranty until I changed the fuel filter.

WELL, as it turns out, a few months later, the CEL came on and was flagging a failed o2 sensor, possible a shot catalytic converter or a vacuum leak. Hmmmmm. Well all of these things sounded pretty bad, so I started some research and found out that there is a RECALL (specifically #15303) for the one-way fuel valve on the gas tank. It can cause premature failure of your catalytic converter. Fun. All you have to do is call Saab customer care (1-800-955-9007) and see if your VIN is on the recall list. Mine was!! That means I am receiving an entirely new exhaust system... a new Cat, both O2 sensors, and a loaner car for the time being.

If you have ANY of these symptoms, LOOK into this. It can save you thousands of dollars!!

It is a safety recall and it does NOT matter how many miles are on your car!

protech5
Site Admin

Re: Saab 9-2x rough idle, powerloss, CEL about O2 sensors or Cat

Post by protech5 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:37 am

Thanks for the tip