We have seen issues with a CD getting stuck in the CD Slot of the the radio. When this happens about the only thing you can do is remove the radio, take the top off the radio and remove the CD from the slot inside. In some cases even with the radio removed you will not be able to get the CD out because the radio will need to be powered up to activate the eject button. The only other option is to buy a used radio or send the radio to local repair shop to fix.
Thanks to Robert for contributing to this FAQ!
If a CD gets stuck in the CD player it is possible to remove it by disconnecting one of the battery cables for ca. 20 seconds. When you reattach it the CD should eject.
Thanks to Aaron Lane for contributing to this FAQ!
I have a 01' Saab 9-5 and ran into this problem too. I simply hit the eject button and used my finger and thumb in the center of the slot and applied pressure up and down to spread it apart. Out pops the cd.
Pete says: This may seem crude, but it works for me repeatedly...I stick another CD in only slightly. Just enough to agitate whatever is not working. Then I
press the eject again, and 90% of the time the CD comes out! The other 10% I have to repeat. Works like a charm for me.
Pricing for RADIO & RELATED (electrical components)